Translate this site:

Traducir esta sitio web.

Apr 21, 2010

Magnolia Mound Plantation

The French Creole Style, Magnolia Mound Plantation House,
is located at 2161 Nicholson Dr. 
approximately one mile south from downtown Baton Rouge.

The land was owned originally by James Hillin,
a 1786 Scots immigrant, who constructed the house,
lived there with wife Jane Stanley Hillin

John and Constance (Rochon) Joyce
purchased the 950-acre property on December 23, 1791.

Through eminent domain in 1966 the city of Baton Rouge 
purchase the house and sixteen acres to save it from disrepair.

National Register of Historical Place Travel Itinerary Page
on Magnolia Mound Plantation

Also, on property:
Open-Hearth Kitchen
Overseer's House
Quarter House
Crop Garden
Pigeonnier, to house squab and various game birds (in the day)
Carriage House

Blog Email: 

No comments: